Björn Ulvaeus is usually very careful about speaking about private matters. But this time he taked from the heart. "To make things clear once and for all".
In ABBA's studio i Stockholm, he told the story of the divorce from Agnetha Fältskog.
- When people openly and honestly try to talk about everything and it still isn't working, then it's time to get a divorce. Agnetha and I tried.
- We didn't give up easily or quickly. It took two years before we finally decided to divorce.
- First we saw a therapist and he helped us getting started to talk about what was important. But after two weeks, belive me, we were both convinced that a divorce was the right thing to do.
- There were no hard feelings, but of course there were a lot of tears. My God, we had been together for thirteen years. At the time of the divorce our two children were to young to understand what was happening. They are now living with Agnetha, but as their father I can see them whenever I want and that is almost on a daily basis.
- After the divorce I was only single for one week. Then I met Lena.
- There is no jealousy between Agnetha and Lena. We are all good friends. Björn and Lena met at a party at Frida and Benny's. Five months later they moved in together. Björn is also contemplating the life after ABBA.
- We have no longer any financial reasons to stay together. We have enough money.
Björn says that there is very little he would change if he had to relive the last ten years of his life. There has been problems of course, like the kidnapping threats last year.
- That was scary. The murder of John Lennon affected me strongly. I never met him but he was an inspiration to me and Benny. Björn still thinks it's fun to write songs and work with ABBA. But sometimes he thinks of what he would like to do with the rest of his life.